10.29.2010

What am I doing here?

I love the hamburger in all of its glorious forms. Greasy, little sliders to over-sized monsters, and everything in between. My personal favorites are the simple cheeseburgers usually found in little mom & pop restaurants, but I am willing to give almost anything a try.  With that in mind I have decided to join the roughly eleventy trillion other people who are currently posting their thoughts on the state of the all things burger.

I live in a small town in South central Wisconsin, and I am super lucky to live close to some of the best burger joints in the state.  I plan on doing some reviews, as well as posting my thoughts on some of the burger-centric things happening in the world at large.

Why are so many people jumping aboard the burger bandwagon? It beats me, but hamburgers of all shapes, sizes, and styles sure seem to be in vogue right now. Maybe its the down turn in the economy, or maybe people have finally realized that the burger plays an important role in our food culture. Either way, I have been eating and loving them all of my life.  I think that qualifies me to express my opinions on what's out there...hopefully you will agree.

Sometimes its about the whole, and not just the sum of the parts.  Although the focus of this Blog will be burgers, I included fries (i.e. sides) and shakes (i.e. beverages) in the name for a reason.  First, it sounded a little catchier than, "Burgers and Sides and Beverages...Oh my!"  Second, most of us rarely order just a burger.  Sides and beverages make up a part of the experience, and can give synergistic results when done well.  When poorly executed certainly detract from the overall enjoyment. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you will check back from time to time to see what I have been up to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment